Guidelines for Livestreaming and Posting Video/Images of NieR Series Titles
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (“Square Enix”) permits you to distribute, post online, and otherwise use certain content from NieR:Automata and NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... (collectively the “NieR Games”) subject to the following terms (the “Terms”). These Terms apply only outside of Japan; if you are located in Japan, or have obtained a Japanese version of NieR:Automata or NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139..., please see the Japanese license for terms that apply to you.
【NieR Game Materials】
The “Materials” consist of all content from NieR Games, including, but not limited to, gameplay footage, still images, characters, and music from the game. The Materials are the property either of a collaboration of authors including Square Enix or of individual rights holders who have given Square Enix the necessary permissions for their work to be used in the NieR Games.
You may post the Materials online for the following permitted personal uses (the “Permitted Uses”) only:
- Posting in-game images on your blog(s) or microblog(s), such as Twitter.
- Sharing gameplay videos (including in-game BGM) on video sharing sites, such as YouTube and Nico-nico Douga. You may also share URLs and thumbnails relating to these videos on personal blogs or microblogging platforms (such as Twitter).
© SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
If you are using your gaming console’s built-in video capturing function, the above copyright notice may be added automatically. If that’s the case and you use those videos as-is, then you may not need to add another copyright notice. You do not need to add the copyright notice for posts on blogs and microblogs (such as Twitter).
- You must clearly display the following information on all gameplay videos and any other content that incorporates the Materials.
【Usage Guidelines and Restrictions】
You may not use the Materials except as expressly described in the Permitted Uses above. You may not use any other materials owned or controlled by Square Enix without Square Enix’s prior written consent.
- In order to avoid spoiling players’ enjoyment of the NieR Games, you must mark all content that includes details of major plot developments with a clear spoiler warning.
- Do not livestream, post videos, or post anything from areas of the NieR Games where it is designated that recording is not permitted.
- Do not livestream, post videos, or post anything containing third party content unless you have obtained permission from such third party.
- Do not use the Materials for commercial purposes. However, you may use official monetization functions available through video sharing sites such as YouTube, Nico-nico Douga, and other similar services.
- Do not slander or demean other players or any other person in connection with the Materials.
- You must make clear that your content is not sponsored or endorsed by Square Enix.
- Posting only movie scenes, cutscenes, and similar Materials as standalone content, and/or posting video content with the sole intention of providing the NieR Games’ movie scenes and cutscenes for viewing, is not permitted.
- Posting only audio tracks and/or music data as standalone content, and/or posting video content with the sole intention of permitting listening to the game’s music, is not permitted.
- Do not share Materials on paid sites or services. (This restriction does not apply to premium Nico nico Douga accounts.)
- Do not share Materials on a site or service which is limited to viewers 18 years and older, goes against public order and standards of decency, and/or is affiliated with religious/political/antisocial activities.
- Do not reproduce shared content other than as expressly contemplated by these Terms. For example, you must not collect and distribute Materials via other media—e.g., in book form—even if you do not stand to gain financially from doing so.
- You must immediately comply with any request from Square Enix to remove Materials from any shared content, website, or service, regardless of whether Square Enix provides a reason for the request or not. Square Enix reserves the right to require removal of any content incorporating the Materials that it deems to be inappropriate in its sole discretion. Square Enix may submit takedown requests to third parties for any Materials at Square Enix’s sole discretion.
- If you intend on sharing any information related to your identity, please do so responsibly.
- You are responsible for following these guidelines when livestreaming and posting content that incorporates the Materials. Square Enix makes no guarantees concerning the Materials, including that the Materials will not infringe third party rights. Square Enix will not compensate you or any third party for any damages or injuries that arise as a result of use of the Materials.
- Square Enix may modify these Guidelines at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice.
These guidelines were last updated on June 8, 2021.